Lemon Essential Oil (citrus limonum), a symbol of light. It is reminiscent of the golden apples that grew in the garden of the Hesperides, located in the west, and defended by the dragon Ladon; apples that were then stolen by Hercules.
The Ministry of Health recognizes its beneficial effects on digestive function and gastrointestinal motility. Carminatives.
Used in naturopathy through local massage, against headaches, to improve microcirculation, aid digestion, and eliminate lymphatic stagnation. Naturopaths also recommend it to stimulate the immune system, strengthen nails and in case of warts, herpes, infected sores, chilblains.
Recommended by naturopaths to preserve the health of the skin and avoid acne. Mixed with shampoo it is a good remedy for oily hair and has a purifying action as it has an astringent and antibacterial function.
Carminative, antispasmodic and depurative. It has a diuretic action and can provide great relief from dysentery.
It has the undisputed property of restoring joy, bestowing the necessary dose of optimism and willpower, favoring prolonged intellectual efforts. A symbol of joy, it increases self-confidence. Eliminates doubts, lack of ideas and tiredness. Valuable aid for study and work as it promotes concentration.
When diffused in the environment it purifies the air.
An excellent friend in the kitchen, easy to use compared to other more powerful oils. Perfect for creating liqueurs such as limoncello. Versatile, it can be used in pasta dishes, meat and fish dishes and desserts, and is also excellent on vegetables. Try it also in its Essentia spray and Essentia Lemon Leaves version.
- Room diffuser: between 3 and 6 drops in 100ml of water.
- Bath: 8 to 10 drops of essential oil emulsified in coarse salt, milk, cream, or honey in hot water (to prevent the oil from evaporating due to the heat).
- Massage: we recommend diluting 3 to 5 drops of essential oil in a tablespoon of carrier oil. This essential oil makes sensitive to sunlight, be cautious.
- Cosmetic use: add 3 to 5 drops of the essential oil to a tablespoon of a natural-based moisturizer.
- Food use: we recommend 3/4 drops per 100g of food to be flavored and added at the end of cooking (we suggest you always start with the lowest recommended dose and increase the drops in the future). This essential oil also goes very well in certain cocktails.
Warnings: Do not use in case of chronic diseases, during pregnancy and lactation. If in doubt, consult a doctor/naturopath.
This essential oil can sensitize you to sunlight, so be cautious.