Lemon thyme essential oil is used above all for its pleasant, fresh and relaxing scent, in fact, in addition to the typical herbaceous scent, it has a very good citrus note.
In aromatherapy it is considered excellent for eliminating colds, sinusitis, sore throats and feverish states, it is also used against gastritis and intestinal parasites.
Very effective in case of muscle contractions, joint pain, bruises and rheumatism.
Powerful antiseptic and antibacterial.
Very good in the kitchen, try making a flavored butter with a few drops of common thyme essential oil, or adding it to extra virgin olive oil.
It is a tonic for psychophysical activities, strengthens memory, counteracts anxiety and insomnia.
- Room diffuser: 2 drops in 100 ml of water.
- Suffumigi: a few drops of essential oil in 1 liter of hot water and salt for about 20 minutes. Keep eyes and mouth closed.
- Bath tub: 3/4 drops of essential oil emulsified in coarse salt or milk or cream or honey to put in hot water (used to prevent the oil from evaporating due to the heat).
- Massages: dilute 1 drop of essential oil in a tablespoon of oil through.
- Food use: we recommend a maximum of 1 drop every 100 gr. of food to be flavored to be added at the end of cooking (we suggest caution, the flavor is very strong).
Warnings: Always use with caution. Do not use in case of chronic diseases, pregnant or breastfeeding.
If in doubt consult a doctor/pharmacist.