The Cypress (Cupressum) it was spread in the Mediterranean basin by the Romans, in fact it is a plant of Persian origin.
The roads that cross our valley are lined with beautiful cypresses, some were already there when we arrived, others we planted instead, to obtain the essential oil we collect the fruits of the second year and, after having finely chopped them, we distill them in a current of steam
Multiple functions are recognized by the Ministry of Health: it liquefies bronchial secretions and brings well-being to the respiratory system; promotes digestion and liver function; it has an action on the microcirculation, also counteracting menstrual cycle disorders and bringing benefits to the entire cardiovascular system.
Naturopaths recommend using it for suffumiges in the presence of asthma, cough and bronchitis, it is also recommended, due to its astringent qualities, in case of varicose veins and hemorrhoids.
In Naturopathy, added to sponge baths, it is useful as a febrifuge.
There are scientific studies that underline its antibacterial properties
Useful for preparing remedies against excessive sweating to be applied to the affected areas.
It is used as an ingredient to keep the scalp healthy and free from dandruff by strengthening the hair
Used for massages (diluted in a carrier oil) to improve blood circulation as it is an essential oil that decongests the venous and lymphatic system, and avoids stagnation of liquids, stimulates circulation and blocks the recurrence of cellulite
It has been observed that when applied to insect bites it disinfects and soothes itching, has anti-moth and anti-parasitic properties.
Cypress essential oil serves to center the soul, to take root in the world and in the present without losing sight of the ultimate reasons.
- Room diffuser: choice between 3 and 6 drops in 100 ml. of water
- Bath tub: 8/10 drops of essential oil emulsified in coarse salt or milk or cream or honey to put in hot water (used to prevent the oil from volatilizing due to the heat)
- Massages: we recommend diluting 2/3 drops of essential oil in a spoonful of oil through
- Cosmetic use:
– add 2/3 drops of essential oil to a spoonful of natural-based moisturizer
– to prepare a shampoo, a shower gel or a conditioner, we recommend adding 10 drops every 200 ml.
Warnings: Non-toxic essential oil.
If in doubt consult a doctor/pharmacist.