The essential oils they can be a valuable ally against many common ailments. However, for their correct use it is necessary to observe some general precautions:
- Avoid applying pure essential oil directly to the skin: some oils, precisely because of their concentrated nature, can irritate the epidermis or trigger allergic reactions. The only two essential oils that can be applied directly to the skin are lavender And tea tree
- Always avoid direct contact with eyes
- Use particular caution when exposing pregnant women and children to the use of essential oils.
- Some essential oils and in particular citrus fruits have photosensitizing properties; therefore direct exposure to the sun for at least four hours after applying these oils is not recommended
- People suffering from hypertension, epilepsy and diseases of the nervous system, liver and kidneys should consult an experienced aromatherapist before using essential oils